Wisconsin’s Northwoods are a true treasure. Deep forests, crystal-clear lakes, wildlife, brilliant sunsets. This three-day workshop is an exposure to the Northwoods with a large focus on post-capture processing. We’ll be shooting around the largest concentration of freshwater lakes in the world! We will spend our evenings shooting along pristine lakes and in Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. Then we’ll spend most of the following days learning post-capture processing including, file maintenance, workflow, prepping images for printing – and much more.
We’ll base our class work out of Natural Spaces Studio – Four Elements instructor Dave Miess’ studio located on the shores of beautiful Ross Allen Lake near Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin.
We especially encourage photographers newer to image processing to attend! This is a small-group workshop allowing more interaction with students by the instructors. This workshop is offered in Summer, Fall, and Winter so you can experience the Northwoods at your favorite times of year!
- The adventure begins the afternoon of Day 1 and finishes up Mid-day on Day 3.
- This workshop includes lunch on Day 2 and Day 3.
- Students do need access to a laptop computer (PC or Mac) and have an image processing software installed (such as Lightroom, Luminar, PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements).
- The best way to learn is hands-on, so we give you ample opportunity to click shutters. Our photo adventures have enrollment sizes which ensure that you are not stepping over 30 other photographers for that ideal shot set-up.
- Small group size also ensures a peaceful nature experience for everyone. And with at least two adventure leaders at each workshop, there is close, individual interaction for all your questions.
- No overly technical photographic knowledge is required. That is why you are coming to our adventure. Our approach to photography is more about the creative process and does not focus on overly-technical details of cameras, or on software gimmicks. This simple approach makes these adventures especially suited for beginners and amateurs.
- A camera with manual settings and a tripod is recommended for the adventures. Basic knowledge on how to navigate your camera's settings is helpful.
- We have filters! You don’t need to spend extra to pick up filters (such as neutral density) for the adventure. We bring them along, so you can try them before you invest.
- A deposit holds your spot in the adventure and is fully refundable up to two months before the start of the adventure.
- The Northwoods photography adventure requires a minimum number of students or it will be cancelled. In the event of cancellation due to not filling the minimum, a full refund will be given including deposit. It is recommended to wait to purchase airfare or non-refundable hotel rooms until the minimum number of students has been reached.
- Transportation to and from the workshop is not included, however all transportation and park fees are included during the workshop.
- The Northwoods adventure does not include lodging. We encourage students to make reservations and stay at the designated adventure hotel, but we can suggest some other nearby lodging options for a range of budgets. Information on the adventure hotel will be sent to you after registration.
To learn more and register: https://fourelementsphotoadventures.com/northwoods-workshop
Plus, Camera Company customers receive a 10% discount on their first Four Elements Workshop! Just use Coupon Code CC2022 when checking out!